Friday, January 22, 2016

First Full Day in Madrid

Today was my first full day in Madrid, though I slept through a good part of it. Once I got up, I headed over to the mercado to get some of the delicious looking paella I had spotted the night before, and it was indeed wonderful. After that, I made my way to the Museo Arqueológico Nacional (the National Archaeological Museum), about 20 minutes away from where I'm staying. It was an absolutely lovely museum, and very cheap to enter.  It was laid out chronologically, spanning from Prehistory to the Modern Era. I particularly enjoyed the exhibitions on the Iberians, Celtoiberians, Greeks, Roman Hispania, and Al-Andalus. I was able to spend as much time as I wanted there, which was quite lovely, considering when I visited the Met in NYC the day before I flew out, we got there very late and I didn't get to see as much as I wanted. I think it is my curse to never get to spend as much time in the Met as I want, as this happens consistently when I go there. I'm off in search of dinner soon. Ciao for now!


Entrance to the museum
La entrada del museo

The National Archaeological Museum
El Museo Arqueológico Nacional

A pretty little garden outside the museum
Un jardín hermoso afuera del museo

Hoy fue el primero día completo en Madrid, pero dormí por la mayor parte. Me levanté y fui al mercado para comer la paella sabrosa que vi anoche, y por supuesto fue fantástica! Después, fui al Museo Arqueológico Nacional, está veinte minutos lejos de mi hotel. Me gusta mucho este museo, y el billete es muy barato. Las salas pasan en una manera cronológica, desde prehistoria a la edad moderna.  Me gustan muchas las exhibiciones sobre los Iberianos, los Celtoiberianos, los Griegos, Hispania Romana, y Al-Andalus. Pasé mucho tiempo allí como quisiera, que me gustó mucho. Fui al Met en la ciudad de Nueva York el día antes de volé para Madrid, pero llegue demasiado tarde para ver todo que quería. Pienso que hay una maldición sobre mí, porque ocurre con frecuencia cuando voy-nunca puedo ver todo que quiero. Pronto, voy a cenar. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Wow awesome photoghraphy.
    What a great Blog. Its worth to read it.
    Well Done
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete