Thursday, January 21, 2016

Greetings from Madrid

Hey guys!

I'm writing to you now from my hotel room in Madrid, which is right next to the Puerta del Sol.  I arrived at approximately 6:30am (12:30am for those of you back on the east coast).  I'm pretty exhausted after a long flight and making my way to the hotel.  I just got back from a yummy light lunch at the Mercado de San Miguel.  I do love croquetas <3.  I have my eye on San Gines Chocolateria right off the Calle Mayor for later... or tomorrow, if I fall asleep.  I'm also hoping to go back to some of my favorite places, like a 114 year old sherry bar called La Venencia, Taberna Real, and another little place with the best pimientos de padrón.


It's not particularly chilly here-certainly it's warmer than NY/VT-but it's cool enough to need a warm coat.  Tomorrow I shall go exploring! This link lists a number of free things to do in Madrid which I plan to take advantage of.  That's all for my update on Madrid, and I'll check back in soon with an update.

 Mercado de San Miguel













Churros y chocolate-San Gines Chocolateria



Wine and tortilla española at the mercado
Vino y tortilla española en el mercado



Hola a todos!

Estoy escribiendo de mi cuarto en el hotel en Madrid, que está al lado de la Puerta del Sol.  Llegue a ~06:30 (12:30 de la mañana para las personas de la costa este. Estoy muyyyyy cansada después de un vuelo largo y llegar al hotel.  Acabo de regresar a mi cuarto del almuerzo en el Mercado de San Miguel.  A mí me encanta las croquetas <3. Vi San Gines Chocolateria y quiero mucho. Está muy cerca de mi hotel, entonces... quizás, más tarde, o mañana, si me duermo.  Quiero regresar a unos de mis restaurantes favoritos en Madrid, como una barra que tiene 114 años, se llama La Venencia, Taberna Real, y otro lugar que tiene los mejores pimientos de padrón!


No hace demasiado frio aquí-hace más calor que NY/VT-pero todavía necesito un abrigo. Mañana voy a explorar la cuidad! Esta lista contiene ejemplos de actividades gratuitas en Madrid, quiero usarla (como, quiero visitar al Museo Arqueológico Nacional!). Eso es todo por ahora sobre Madrid, y escribiré más pronto.




No comments:

Post a Comment